Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, November 17, 2008

The Same Scar- by Ashley Auzenne

My dear child,
When you are older and look down at your chest,
You no doubt will notice you are different from the rest.
Don't be afraid to let people know
For your mommy has a scar,too you see,
that just doesn't show.
From the first time I held you and up until even a few minutes ago,
I had no idea, and still don't, of the road you are meant to go.
The plans I dreamed while I waited for you-
which changed from hour to hour,
Have since been given and entrusted to a much higher power.
But please never fear or be afraid to cry
There may even be a day when you ask me 'why'?
I will do my best to show no fear,
Because every minute is a gift-
just to have you near.
When I look at you,
and see your father's face,
Its a gentle reminder that through persaverance,
we gain Grace.
My son,
my beautiful child,
my true gift of love,
Even though we know not the plan that is to be from Above,
Know this-
With every day that you change a grow,
To become that person we have yet to know,
No matter where life takes you- near or far,
Our hearts and faith are kept safe,
For we share the same scar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

100 Wishes for Parrish

  • 1.a handsome look- madeline
  • 2.adventure- nathan
  • 3.all the love in the world- uncle matthew
  • 4.best of health- uncle matthew
  • 5.bravery- mommy
  • 6.charming personality- madeline
  • 7.common sense-jane
  • 8.compassion-jane
  • 9.courage- daddy
  • 10.curiosity-daniel
  • 11. generosity- mommy
  • 12. gentleness- mommy
  • 13. health- mommy
  • 14. humbleness- mommy
  • 15. humor-nathan
  • 16. inner strength- mommy
  • 17. integrity-matt
  • 18. intelligence- daniel
  • 19. long, happy & fulfilling life- uncle matthew
  • 20. many caring people in your life that you can call family & friends- the cowleys
  • 21. no regrets- uncle matthew
  • 22. strength-matt
  • 23. true love- mommy
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker